Extra shifts are created and then listed in the “Available Shifts” section for the relevant staff members.
You can create extra, offered or unassigned shifts directly from the grid view using the Quick Add section below the shifts. There is also a dedicated page to add extra shifts. You can do this under Shifts > Create > Create Extra Shifts.
You will be directed to a new page (below) with the information to complete in order to create the extra shift or shifts.
- Venue - Select the appropriate venue.
- Shifts Times Quick Fill - Enter a time period you want to fill.
- Starting/Ending on … - Determine the start and end dates and times for the new shift.
- Shift Mode - Select from the dropdown the appropriate status of the shift (normal, hidden, locked or hidden and locked).
- Shift task - Select any tasks that need to be completed during the shift.
- Roles - Determine the shift role that the extra shift is being created for. You can select up to three different roles.
- Quantities -Determine how many extra shifts for each role need to be created. If you leave the field blank then that role will not be added to the shift.
Once you are happy with the information, click “Create Shifts”.
You will see a confirmation message that these shifts have been created. You can then click the link to manage the shifts in more detail (adjust times and tasks, send the shift to a member of staff, and so on).