This provides you with the list of upcoming shifts and if there are any notes attached. These may contain details about the shift, changes, updates, or necessary information. The “Notes” column will show if there is a note attached to the shift and how many replies are present.
You can click on any shift and add a new note to it. Click the shift date and then enter the note in the message field. You can also add attachments as needed.
You can also reply to any existing notes. You’ll see who posted the note and when, as well as being able to remove any of your existing comments or replies. Depending on your permission level, you are also able to delete other staff member’s responses if needed.
New Shift Emails / Publishing Shifts
New Shift Emails make it easier to ensure your staff are informed of all shifts and updates to shifts in a timely manner without receiving lots of emails from you.
There are several modes to consider. These are configured for each venue separately to allow complete control. It is the first option under the Shift Configuration tab when editing your venue.
- No new shift email sent; updates always sent.
- This is the default and what happened prior to this update. New shifts are added but no email is sent to the staff member. Any updates to the shift (changes in times etc) are sent via email instantly.
- Send an email immediately for every single shift added.
- This option will email staff with their shifts as soon as they have been assigned out. This has limitations around hidden shifts and can cause a lot of emails to be sent to staff. It is not recommended.
- Send a new shift notification email manually when you are ready.
- This option allows you to send emails at the click of a button and is useful if you schedule shifts for long periods (months) at a time. This is not as intelligent as the final option as shifts added and emails not sent means staff could not receive emails for the shift.The option to send new shift emails is displayed on the Manage Shifts or Manage Shift Week pages in the actions bar.
- Automatically send on a schedule.
- This is the recommended option. It will automatically email all of your staff with their shifts on a schedule and will include existing and new shifts in the same email. It can also automatically unhide your shifts so you can prepare a schedule of templates in advance and know it will be published automatically on schedule. As this option also knows when the next email will be sent, any shifts that take place before the next scheduled email will be sent to the staff member immediately. This ensures your staff always know their schedule. Any venues that share the same email schedule (e.g. both send on a Monday) then the emails will be combined for the staff so they receive one email from the system.