How to Create & Format Contract Documents
In this video we will go through and discuss how you can create Contract Documents for your company needs.
In detail we will go over:
- How to Create a Contract Document
- How to format your Contract Document Content
- And Finally how to assign your contract document to a Staff Member
Creating Contract Documents is helpful feature within StaffSavvy if you are wanting to take more of your paperwork into the digital sphere, where it can all be stored easily and then made accessible for other managers.
Creating the Document
Firstly, you will need to go to Pay > Contracts > Contract Documents.
This is where you can create the paperwork that is associated with the contract in the system. This is equivalent to a terms and conditions that you’re asking staff to sign.
To create a new contract document template you click this button ‘Create a new Contract Document’.
You can have as many contract documents as you want and each can be personalised before you issue it to a staff member as well.
Choosing your Document options
Firstly, you can give the template a title here.
Then choose whether you wish for the document to expire.
- You can choose whether you want it to have an automatic expiry.
- You can choose a fixed date.
- Or instead specify after a certain number of days, weeks, months, years.
- Or it might be one that stays in place and there’s not automatic expiry.
You can also allow re-signing as well. So you can ask a staff member to sign the document again automatically after a certain period or you can choose not to request a new signature.
You also have the option to add a counter signature to the contract document. You have several options regarding this.
- You can choose not to require a counter signature.
- You can request instead to ask for an image of the signature to be added into the template.
- Or if you want someone to go in and add their digital signature to it you can choose to do that here as well.
The counter signature is in addition to the staff member that you’re issuing the contract to. This is somebody else, that would need to sign it after the staff member who has been issued the contract.
You have options regarding who will be allowed to counter sign the document as well
- You can choose an exact staff member to counter sign, (you would just type their name in their and select).
- You can choose the line manager of the signee.
- Someone from a particular role (i.e. Duty Managers).
- Somebody in a particular team, (i.e. HR team)
- Or someone from an access level - (so you might say that the contract document needs to be counter signed by system manager, but it doesn’t matter who, as long as they’re of system manager level).
Setting up your Document Content and Template
The next step brings you onto the Document Template.
You will see this is a plain text box for you to type in. You can start from scratch and start typing in your terms and conditions.
Another option other clients have used is to copy and paste their existing terms and conditions into this box. Then you can tweak, add or take away elements of the contract.
From here you can start formatting your document so it matches your design ideas.
You have a variety of formatting tools including:
- Numbered Lists
- Ordered Lists
- Bullet points.
- Upload an image.
(Uploading an image is really useful if you want to put your company logo at the top. Or if you want to add a digital signature, signed on behalf of the company as well.)
So you can go through and copy and paste or type in your contract document here.
There is also dynamic content you can embed and is a type of mail merge feature. At the bottom you can see the options StaffSavvy include.
If you copy and paste the fields from the bottom into the main text box it means the system will automatically populate that with, for example, the date the contract is being signed. Another example would be, if you put the signature box code into the text bow, that will prompt a digital signature.
There are a wide variety of field options here that might be useful for you to include, such as:
- Job title
- Home Address
- and also any of your custom fields that you might have set up in your data sets and field set.
Once you’re happy with your contract document you can just click save at the bottom. And that will bring it up in your list of contract documents here.
Issuing a contract to A Staff Member
Finally, we will go into how to assign a contract to a Staff Member and customise the document.
First, find the staff member’s profile you want to assign the contract to. You can find them under the Staff Directory, or the Photo wall or by typing their name in the search bar.
Then go into 'edit details' in the actions bar under their profile and choose 'manage the contract'. You’ll see you’ve got the option of 'documents' here.
You can choose:
- contract document
- upload document
- or sign existing document.
If you click on ‘Contract Document’ this will bring up a list of all the contract documents you have created.
You then pick the contract you want to assign and click ‘Assign' that document.
You can then preview the contract document. This brings up the document as they will view it as they come to read it, so you can double check all the contract details.
After assigning you can do a final edit and customise the document. Additionally, if you accidentally picked the wrong contract when assigning you can assign different document there.
If I click edit and customise, it then allows you to go in and type in any of the personalised details that you might want to customise here.
Then when you’re happy with it you can just press save at the bottom and that is confirming the contents updated. So that document is then issued to the individual for them to read through and then add their digital signature to.
Please sign in to leave a comment.