The resource library is the best location to store all of your official documents so that staff can access them anywhere and anytime.
You can direct new staff to read/download items in your resource library as part of your on-boarding Step List process.
The library allows you to create individual documents but also a folder structure to keep them organised.
Each document in the library can be one of three options:
- File - This allows you to physically upload a document that will be downloaded by staff. We recommend you upload PDF versions of Microsoft Word or other proprietary document types as not all staff will have Word available on their laptops, tablets or phones so they won’t be able to read the item.
- Page - This allows you to add your own text and images to the page so you can keep it up to date. This might be useful for certain instructions or policies that change. It can also be used for keeping notes about how certain things must be done within the venue/organisation.
- Link - This allows you to send the staff member to a different website where the information is stored.
- Digitally Signed Document - This option allows you to link a digitally signed document through to the resource library so that staff can easily find forms to be completed. It will link them directly through to the form for their completion.
- Welfare and Performance Form - This option allows you to link a performance form through to the resource library so that staff can start a performance form easily from this location. It will assign a new form and direct the staff member to start completing it.
You can restrict library items by roles/skills so only those staff who need to see a particular document will have access to it.