These are the core level of a collection of training courses and exams. You can assign exactly who has access to which stage. Once assigned to a stage, staff members have access to all of the modules and courses within it.
Stages can be self managing; they will automatically pass the staff member once the required modules are completed. They can then grant access to another stage so the staff member can continue their training program. This can be navigated from Dashboard > Training > Manage Training Plan > Manage Certificate > Edit.
Settings & options:
- Certificate Title Provide a title for the Certificate that is clear and concise.
- Certificate Information This is where the main body of information about what is included in the Certificate is included.
- Expiry When set, the stage will automatically expire any completed stage after it has passed. The site will provide warnings to the employee directly and to managers via the Expiring Training report.
- Managed By StaffSavvy This allows you to record training programs that are managed externally within StaffSavvy.When enabled, this removes all modules and will simply direct the staff member to the program details page. You can provide an external training URL for them to visit too.
- Automatic Pass When enabled, the stage will automatically mark a staff member complete when they have passed all required modules and the stated number of optional modules. Without this set, managers must manually confirm the stage is complete (and optionally, upload a copy of their certificate).
- Optional Module Requirements This sets how many of the optional modules must be completed in order to pass the stage.
- Next Stage When selected, the system will automatically grant a staff member access to the next stage when this one is marked as complete. In combination with exams and automatic passing of stages, this allows for a completely self-managed training program.
- Printable Certificate This allows you to either create a certificate or upload a copy of a physically issued one. Note: The create a certificate option is undergoing refurbishment and will be updated in a future version. The current version may have issues on certain browsers.
- Staff Member Certificate Upload When enabled, the staff member can upload their certificate to prove they have completed the training. This will automatically be displayed on manager’s dashboards if they have permission to approve documents in general.
Managers can then approve or reject the certificate and enter the date the staff member passed the training program.
These certificates are then also stored on StaffSavvy and are available under their profile page.
These are documents that are relevant to the stage. They can be marked as required or optional reading.
Required reading documents are shown to course leaders along with which of the course attendees has opened/downloaded them.
This is a good location to upload training workbooks for online exams.
Alternative Role Certificate Requirements
Role Certificate Requirements supports alternative certificates so one of several certificates can be valid to allow access to work that role. Once you go under Role then Requirements you can choose which certificate will be required for the role.
It then allows you to ‘Add an Alternative’ and will present you with the same Certificate options. Once added the staff member will be able to either complete the certificate or any of the alternatives and it will fill the requirement.
This is not to be confused with adding another certificate requirement which will instead require you to complete only the certificate picked.
Training Certificates Custom Expiry Dates
You can now set custom expiry dates on training certificates so you can explicitly state when a certificate expires rather than using automatic expiry periods.To use: When confirming completion or editing completion dates, you can now set a custom expiry date for that certificate. This will override any default expiry settings on the certificate.
Please sign in to leave a comment.